3 Things to Consider When Choosing the Right Load Bank for Generator Testing
July 6, 2015 -Categorized in:
Choices made regarding generator load bank test selection will directly influence the range and type of testing that can be performed. There are just two choices for handling the power produced in a generator testing program – use a load bank or push power back to the facility power system. Budgets often push projects to using a load bank because of the lower up front capital expenditure.
Three things to consider when planning a load bank for your next project are:
1. Real power KW rating of the load bank.
- Real power is what will load down the prime mover of a generator.
2. Power factor testing needs.
- Power Factor testing will define the reactors needed to align with the KW rating above.
3. Voltage range of the generators to be tested.
- Multi-Tap transformers can allow a single load bank to test your entire product line.
Contact the Experts at ACS to help you make the right decision on your load bank for generator testing today!