The Value of a Controls Upgrade
June 28, 2016 -Categorized in:
Tags: Machines Equipment Controls
In today’s highly competitive environment, improved performance, reliability, and up-time of your equipment can have a large impact on your company’s efficiency and profitability. Upgrading your control systems may be just the ticket you need to get that competitive advantage.
A well designed and built piece of industrial equipment or system can last for decades, often outliving the original control system. Many control components common ten to fifteen years ago are no longer available, causing problems if you have a component failure. Upgrading the controls will give that piece of equipment or system a new lease on life for a fraction of the cost of total replacement.
The technology and capability of control systems change and improve at a rapid pace. Control platforms available today operate faster and are more powerful than what was available just ten years ago. They are designed with ease of integration in mind so they can seamlessly connect to your existing plant networks. Below are just some of the benefits that can be gained with a state-of-the-art control system:
- Increased visibility to operations – from virtually anywhere – monitor system performance from anywhere in the facility through the plant network, or from outside using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection using a standard web browser
- Be informed of any emergencies…. any time – a hardware or software dialer can be implemented to inform you of any emergencies that come up during off hours via phone, text, or e-mail
- Preventative maintenance scheduling – log system performance and runtime
- Customize the interface – tailor screens to the way you operate the system or equipment
- Reduce operating costs – improve system performance, reducing operating costs
- Improve safety – integrate features to protect employees and equipment