ACS Article “Five Red Flags that Safety Equipment is Compromised,” Published in Industry Week, November 4, 2021
November 19, 2021 -Categorized in:
Tags: Machines Equipment Controls, Safety, Systems Integration
Is your outdated equipment compromising safety? Can you recognize the warning signs that your equipment may be unsafe?
When it comes to safety, it’s critical to play devil’s advocate and ask what could happen that shouldn’t, and how both the equipment and the operator will respond if it does.
Here are the five red flags identified and discussed in this article from Industry Week – “Five Red Flags that Safety Equipment is Compromised.”
- Operators can access hazardous areas while the hazard is present.
- People are bypassing the rules.
- Alarm systems don’t distinguish between emergencies and non-emergencies.
- Safety features are outdated.
- Safety features are not regularly tested and validated.
Read the full article here: 5 Red Flags That Equipment Safety Is Compromised | IndustryWeek
Learn how safety plays a key role in ACS’ Custom Equipment Process.DOWNLOAD PDF