Solutions for Noise and Vibration Testing
Single-source measurement solutions for noise and vibration testing.
ACS is a single source for the design and construction of noise and vibration testing facilities that allow manufacturers to obtain quality data for new product development, certification, and end-of-line production testing. We are experts in noise and vibration testing equipment and integrated facility solutions for Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) testing and fully understand our clients’ products and testing techniques.
NVH Services include:
- Supplier selection
- Material procurement
- Engineering design
- Design review
- Installation & construction management
- Owner’s representation
- Acceptance criteria preparation & review
- Independent witness testing
ACS Vibration Engineering
ACS has also been successfully implementing improved structural design concepts with a “Six Step Program” for test facilities and test equipment.
ACS ACOUSTICS & VIBRATION EXPERTISE
ACS engineers work with your team to specify requirements for materials and equipment for noise and vibration testing applications.
- Sound door specification– size, STC rating, door swing, fire rating, hardware type
- Anechoic and hemi-anechoic room specification – room dimensions, cut-off frequency, background noise level, construction type, HVAC interface, cable pass location identification, vibration isolation requirements
- Reverberation room specification – room dimensions, background noise level, surface finish, construction type, HVAC interface, cable pass location identification, vibration isolation requirements
Engineering Design & Design Review
ACS has designed for many key test standards, requirements, and codes.
- ISO 3744 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Engineering method in an essentially free field over a reflecting plane
- ISO 3745 - Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Precision methods for anechoic and hemi-anechoic rooms
- ISO 354 – Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room
- ASTM 423 – Standard test method for sound absorption and sound absorption coefficients by the reverberation room method
- IEC 60704-1 – Household and similar electrical appliances – Test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise – General requirements
- IEC 60704-2-3 – Household and similar electrical appliances – Test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise – Particular requirements for dishwashers
- IEC 60704-4 – Household and similar electrical appliances – Test code for the determination of airborne acoustical noise – Procedure for determining and verifying declared noise emission values
System Integration for NVH
Our engineers and technicians have a wide range of experience integrating anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Implementation of a vertical reflecting plane for white goods product testing in a hemi-anechoic space
- Coordination of transmission loss openings between reverberant rooms and hemi-anechoic rooms
- Dynamometer integration within a hemi-anechoic space
Return to top