NVH/Acoustic Test Facility for Heavy-Duty Trucks
AEARO Technologies (3M Company) - Indianapolis, IN
ACS designed and constructed a class 4 to class 8 heavy duty truck acoustic test facility. The lab included sound power, coefficient of absorption, sound transmission loss and sound intensity measurement capabilities.
Key Performance Features:
- Heavy-duty truck NVH chassis dynamometer
- 906 cubic meter semi-anechoic room
- 105 cubic meter hemi-anechoic room
- 230 cubic meter reverberation room capable of 100Hz 1/3 octave sound absorption and sound transmission loss measurements
- 118 cubic meter reverberation room capable of 125 Hz 1/3 octave sound absorption and sound transmission loss measurements
- Transmission loss sample holding capability ranging from 17.8 square meters to 1 square meter
ACS Services: ACS held a single-source contract for design and construction management; equipment specification, procurement and installation; integration of equipment and facility systems; and, commissioning.