Vehicle Test & Technical Center
GEHL (Manitou America) - West Bend, WI
This new facility will develop the next generation of compact construction equipment. Gehl will provide the capability to test their equipment related to noise, structural integrity, power capability and operation in cold and hot weather.
Key Performance Features:
- Reused existing 73,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility and retrofit to house 70 engineering offices and testing facility.
- Approximately 24,000 sq. ft. made into engineering office space
- Modified building skin to match the headquarters
- Installed new mechanical building and testing systems.
- Built a testing facility which includes a hemianechoic chamber, climate test room, dynamometer test room, setup areas, component test areas mechanical space and a hydraulic tests lab.
- Climatic chamber for cold-start testing
- Dynamometer test room, including (2) chassis wheel dynamometers and a hydraulic PTO dynamometer
ACS Services: ACS held a single-source contract for design and construction management; equipment specification, procurement and installation; integration of equipment and facility systems; and commissioning.