Harley-Davidson Motor Company - Wauwatosa, WI
Project Features: NVH, Design & Construction Services
As part of the expansion of the Harley-Davidson Product Development Center, ACS held a single-source contract to design and construct a 22mx21mx5m anechoic chamber. The chamber includes 50 Hz Cutoff Frequency, 2 Hz Vibration Isolation and 25 NC Background noise with HVAC on. A control room is adjacent to the chamber and allows the operators to run the tests through computers and cameras.
Key Performance Features:
- Allows for the replication of outdoor drive by acoustic test facilities in an indoor environment, which provides repeatability and all season utility.
- Test subject remains immobile while consecutive microphones sequenced on and off.
- Vehicle cooling fans, engine exhaust flap and instrumentation racks descend into the floor.
- A bike lift allows the test subject to be raised for ease of adjustment to the motorcycle.
- 120 Hp motorcycle chassis dyno with 60” roll capable of 0 to 120 mph speed.
- 50,000 cfm ventilation system allows motorcycle to be operated by a driver.
ACS held a single-source contract for test facility design and construction management; equipment design and component specification, equipment build, procurement, and contractor installation; integration of equipment, facility, and control systems; and commissioning.