Aerospace Component Test Cell
Project Features: Modular Integrated Test Cell, Structural Enclosure for End-of-Line (EOL) Testing, Acoustic Fire-rated Construction, 24/7 PLC-based Safety Instrumented System (SIS), NI™ LabVIEW Data Acquisition, Aerospace Component
Customer needed to increase end-of-line (EOL) testing capacity of an aerospace component at their existing facility and sought a turnkey solution with minimal to no on-site construction. Solution needed to be fully integrated into facility.
ACS designed and built an integrated test cell enclosure for end-of-line production testing of an aerospace component within an existing facility. The cell takt time was correlated to production build volumes. The enclosure was designed and built with a full structural frame and includes sound-mitigating, fire-rated walls with a structural floor for spill containment and two double leaf sound doors. A scavenge exhaust system is integrated into the frame.
The aerospace component test cell is equipped with a mechanical bulkhead for all process piping and a single source of electrical power for complete distribution including motor loads, container conditioning, lighting, and general-purpose receptacles. Cell is self-contained, portable within the facility, and ties to existing facility systems. The test enclosure includes a 24/7 PLC-based Safety Instrumented System (SIS) with gas detection, temperature and ventilation monitoring and control, and an NI™ LabVIEW data acquisition platform.
- Aerospace component test cell is self-contained and portable within the facility
- Full structural frame and includes sound-mitigating, fire-rated walls with a structural floor
- Scavenge exhaust system integrated into the frame
- Equipped with a mechanical bulkhead for all process piping and a single source of electrical power
- 24/7 PLC-based Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
- Integrated test cell controls, NI™ LabVIEW data acquisition and central data storage system
Turnkey design and build of fully integrated test system, controls, Data Acquisition (DAQ), FAT and commissioning.