Engine Production Test Upgrade
Caterpillar - Lafayette, IN
Project Features: Diesel Engines, Alternative Fuels, End of Line Production Test
ACS designed and constructed a new production diesel test cell for large engines up to 7,242 Hp. The test cell improves production testing by shortening engine test cycle time.
Key Performance Features:
- Larger cell footprint improves testing access and accommodates larger test articles
- Articulating exhaust system improves test cycle time
- ATAAC Crane mounted system integrates into test cell to improve test cycle time and reliability
- Redundant lighting increases in-cell visibility
- A large spring isolated inertia mass isolates testing vibration from the main building structure
- Increases cooling water capacities to engines
- Dual fuel capability provides both diesel and natural gas fuel availability
- A large 95,000 cfm air handling unit maintains cool cell temperatures even during extended test cycles
ACS held a single-source contract for design and construction management; equipment specification, procurement and installation; integration of equipment and facility systems; and commissioning.