Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) provides an opportunity for final confirmation that the performance experienced during the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) is repeated after the systems are installed onsite, ensuring nothing has changed or was damaged during shipment and installation. This process typically involves full functional testing of the machines/equipment after they are installed and integrated with support systems. The same ACS engineers who designed the systems and performed the FAT, also lead the SAT to ensure continuity and completeness.
The SAT provides all parties final confirmation that the systems have met performance requirements:
- Installation is complete and adequate
- Integration with supporting systems is appropriate
- Important process parameters are achieved
- Functionality is aligned with requirements
- Usability is intuitive and high quality