Full Functionality – Guaranteed!
From the initial stages of planning and design through construction, ACS never loses sight of what your facility needs to do when it’s complete. Our expertise through all phases of project delivery ensures that the final facility matches the design intent.
ACS Building Commissioning Services – Functional Performance Testing
ACS defines building testing and commissioning services as a proactive, integrated process for achieving, verifying and documenting building and systems components. Our process is implemented throughout the project, beginning in the pre-construction phase. ACS provides the direction for the commissioning process, providing details such as scheduling, participation of various parties, actual lines of reporting, level of documentation, development of pre-functional testing requirements and development of detailed functional performance test procedures. We also conduct Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) on equipment that’s manufactured or assembled in our facility, to verify functionality as well as minimize costly onsite troubleshooting.
Following pre-construction activities, the building commissioning process is broken into three individual phases.
Commissioning Phased Services
- Conduct kick-off meeting
- Review start-up forms and manufacturer specific information
- Develop detailed equipment-specific testing procedures and documentation
- Conduct periodic observation testing and attend progress meetings
- Request operations and maintenance manuals from design and construction entities
- Contractors complete static testing and equipment/systems start-up and submit documentation for review
- Review contractors’ maintenance programs for client maintenance staff
Acceptance and Testing Phase
- Check start-up and balancing reports
- Conduct functional performance testing with participation from all members of the commissioning team
- Document performance testing and compile all design, operation, and maintenance information
- Develop and conduct facility and systems overview and operational design intent training
- Confirm functional performance
- Conduct opposite season testing and finalize documentation
ACS’ rigorous integration and building commissioning process and high level of “stick-to-itiveness” set ACS apart from other suppliers. Client involvement throughout the entire process allows the end user a complete understanding of all operations. Our team is part of yours until the job is done.
Education and Training
Staff knowledge of your equipment and integrated industrial facility helps ensure uptime and data integrity. ACS provides customized education and training programs through a combination of classroom and hands-on sessions at your site. Operators, maintenance, engineers and IT personnel benefit from a more formal understanding of the equipment, process support systems and the impact of the facility utilities.