For a complex facility with highly interdependent equipment and systems, ACS’ 3D laser scanning and virtual design & construction (VDC) services ensure efficiencies in design, schedule, pricing, functionality and overall building lifecycle costs. The process begins with the identification of critical systems that affect data collection or other critical processes and an in-depth understanding of the facility infrastructure required to support them.
Virtual Design & 3D Modeling
When conceptualizing a new facility or an addition to one that already exists, visualizing the proposed space can be critical in achieving stakeholder buy-in. ACS uses VDC to create a virtual “walk through” tour of your facility prior to construction, to represent complex systems involved in an integrated facility and allow team members to easily collaborate in the design process.
During the design phases of a project, VDC ensures adherence to increased requirements for health, safety and ergonomics. This helps our clients:
- Make critical design and construction decisions earlier in the process
- Avoid costly delays associated with changes
- Explore “what if” scenarios, so you can make more informed decisions
- Increase off-site prefabrication of equipment and components, to reduce costs and simplify testing and compliance
- Examine alternative designs, materials and methods
- Check component accessibility, for maintenance and servicing
- Verify operational clearances of articulating parts, using model animation
- Analyze and ensure proper fit and integration of mechanical equipment, by merging equipment and facility models
ACS clients have found that time invested using both 3D laser scanning and VDC technologies results in improved decision-making, collaboration and integrated facility project delivery.
Download 3D Scanning & Modeling PDF