Single-Source Solutions for Noise and Vibration Testing and Measurement
ACS is a single source for the design and construction of noise and vibration testing facilities that allow manufacturers to obtain quality data for new product development, certification, and end-of-line production testing. We are experts in noise and vibration testing standards and codes with a unique ability to translate them into facility design requirements. Using our knowledge and understanding, we can provide integrated facility solutions for Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) testing. It all begins with our team working first to fully understand our clients’ products, associated regulations, and testing techniques.
Anechoic and Reverberation Rooms
ACS engineers work with you to specify requirements for materials and equipment for noise and vibration testing applications including:
Anechoic and semi-anechoic room specification
ACS will work with you to develop background noise level, frequency range of interest, and vibration isolation requirements. From these testing requirements, we will determine recommended room dimensions, wall construction types, HVAC design and interface methods, and cable interface approaches.
Reverberation room specification
ACS will work with you to develop background noise level, frequency range of interest, and vibration isolation requirements. We will utilize these requirements in sizing the reverberation room to have ample modal density to generate the energy required for a diffuse noise field. Additionally, wall construction, surface finish, HVAC design and interface, and cable interfaces will be specified.
ACS has designed for many test standards, requirements, and codes including:
In conjunction with unique client-driven measurement standards, ACS understands, but is not limited to the following internationally recognized test standards:
- ISO3744 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Engineering method in an essentially free field over a reflecting plane
- ISO 3745 – Determination of sound power levels of noise sources using sound pressure – Precision methods for anechoic and semi-anechoic rooms
In conjunction with unique client-driven measurement standards, ACS understands, but is not limited to the following American and International testing standards:
- ISO 354 – Measurement of sound absorption in a reverberation room
- ASTM 423 – Standard test method for sound absorption and sound absorption coefficients by the reverberation room method
Through project specific experience, ACS understands the testing requirements outlined within the IEC 60704 testing standards for household and similar electrical appliances.
Through past project experience, ACS has vast experience in interpreting and designing for automotive applications driven by ANSI, ASTM, ISO, and SAE standards as they relate to testing facility design.
Our engineers and technicians have a wide range of experience integrating test equipment into anechoic and reverberation chambers including:
- Coordination of transmission loss openings between reverberant rooms and semi-anechoic rooms
- Engine dynamometer integration within anechoic and semi-anechoic spaces
- Implementation of a vertical reflecting plane for white goods product testing in a semi-anechoic space
- Vehicle dynamometer integration within semi-anechoic spaces